The Cambridge Exam preparation programme provides students with the necessary skills and strategies to achieve success in either the B2 First (formally FCE) or the C1 Advanced (formally CAE), qualifications used and trusted by employers and universities around the world.
The course follows the structure of the Octorial Programme with sessions dedicated to exam techniques, including strategies for answering different types of questions and time management within the exam. Mock tests are completed under the guidance of a tutors to familiarise you with the format of the papers as well as under timed, exam conditions to track your progress. The small class sizes and proximity to tutors creates an environment where you are constantly challenged. Homework is set to promote independent learning outside of the classroom and tutors provide advise on revision strategies to suit your learning style. The programme equips you not only with the skills required to pass the exam but also to excel in academic and professional life.
By the end of the examination preparation course, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively and coherently face-to-face
- Produce a wide variety of texts in coherent English, including reports, stories and letters
- Express different points of view
- Present arguments
- Follow a course at university level
The Cambridge exams
First Certificate in English (FCE)
- Demonstrates you have the necessary English skills to live/work in an English speaking country or study a course taught in English
- Exam length – around 3.5 hours
- Accepted at many international institutions, including University of Amsterdam, Deloitte, HSBC and Marks and Spencers, Ernst and Young and StudyPortals
- Accepted for entry to foundation/pathway/pre-sessional courses
Cambridge Advanced Certificate (CAE)
- An in-depth qualification aimed at students with a high level of English who wish to study or work in an English speaking country
- Exam length – around 4 hours
- Accepted at University of Oxford, University of Sydney, University of Idaho, Accenture, Nestlé and StudyPortals
- Entry requirements vary depending on each university, however usually an overall score of 169 is required for undergraduate courses, and 176 for postgraduate courses.
Enhanced Cambridge Exam Preparation
The Exam Preparation Programme is supplemented with one-to-one lessons with a personal tutor. Tutorials are intensive and focused allowing students to focus on exam content and personal drills. The one-to-one sessions may include in-depth feedback on a mock exam, mock oral exams, development of the core language and grammar skills or coaching in written exercises.